When I became Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee in January of this year, I had one primary goal: to ensure that America’s farmers and ranchers have the policies in place that they need to feed, fuel, and clothe the nation while ensuring stability and consistency for farmers, ranchers, consumers, markets, and rural communities. After all, agriculture is the foundation of our livelihood and the lifeblood of rural America. And, while our work will never be done, we are off to a great start.
H.R. 3795, Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009 (as ordered reported by the House Agriculture Committee)
Issues: Dodd-Frank Implementation
To enact the Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009.
- H.R.3795 - Rep. Barney D. Frank, D-Mass. (introduced 10/13/2009)
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Amendment in the nature of a substitute offered by Mr. Peterson of Minnesota; introduced on October 21, 2009; Considered and passed by the House Agriculture Committee as amended by voice vote and ordered reported on October 21, 2009.
- Manager's amendment, (Chairman Peterson)
- Walz amendment, regarding swaps not accepted for clearing.
- Goodlatte amendment, regarding studies on the effect of position limits.
- Halvorson amendment, regarding aggregated position limits.