Chairman Frank Lucas today released the following statement on Scott O'Malia's last day as Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Last month, O’Malia announced he would resign to pursue other opportunities.
H.R. 3795, Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009 (as ordered reported by the House Agriculture Committee)
Issues: Dodd-Frank Implementation
To enact the Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009.
- H.R.3795 - Rep. Barney D. Frank, D-Mass. (introduced 10/13/2009)
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Amendment in the nature of a substitute offered by Mr. Peterson of Minnesota; introduced on October 21, 2009; Considered and passed by the House Agriculture Committee as amended by voice vote and ordered reported on October 21, 2009.
- Manager's amendment, (Chairman Peterson)
- Walz amendment, regarding swaps not accepted for clearing.
- Goodlatte amendment, regarding studies on the effect of position limits.
- Halvorson amendment, regarding aggregated position limits.