“SNAP is essential in protecting the most vulnerable citizens during tough times, but we need to have a complete understanding of its mission and purpose.” That was the message from House Agriculture Committee Chairman K. Michael Conaway this week as the committee began its top-to-bottom review of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), previously known as food stamps.
H.R. 5509, Chesapeake Bay Program Reauthorization and Improvement Act
To support efforts to reduce pollution of the Chesapeake Bay watershed and to verify that reductions in pollution have been achieved, and for other purposes. Considered and passed by the House Agriculture Committee, as amended by, voice vote and ordered to be reported favorably to the House with the recommendation that it pass on July 28, 2010.
- H.R.5509 - Rep. Tim Holden, D-Pa. (introduced 6/10/2010)
- Adopted amendments (all adopted by voice vote):
- Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute (Chairman Peterson)
- Maager's amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Publication: Section by Section of H.R. 5509