When I became Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee in January of this year, I had one primary goal: to ensure that America’s farmers and ranchers have the policies in place that they need to feed, fuel, and clothe the nation while ensuring stability and consistency for farmers, ranchers, consumers, markets, and rural communities. After all, agriculture is the foundation of our livelihood and the lifeblood of rural America. And, while our work will never be done, we are off to a great start.
H.R. 5509, Chesapeake Bay Program Reauthorization and Improvement Act
To support efforts to reduce pollution of the Chesapeake Bay watershed and to verify that reductions in pollution have been achieved, and for other purposes. Considered and passed by the House Agriculture Committee, as amended by, voice vote and ordered to be reported favorably to the House with the recommendation that it pass on July 28, 2010.
- H.R.5509 - Rep. Tim Holden, D-Pa. (introduced 6/10/2010)
- Adopted amendments (all adopted by voice vote):
- Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute (Chairman Peterson)
- Maager's amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Publication: Section by Section of H.R. 5509