House Committee on Agriculture Chairman K. Michael Conaway (TX-11) and Conservation and Forestry Subcommittee Chairman Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson (PA-5) released the following statement in response to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Army Corps of Engineers final “waters of the United States” (WOTUS) rule. This rule further obscures the original intent of the Clean Water Act (CWA) by significantly expanding waters subject to federal jurisdiction.
H.R. 5509, Chesapeake Bay Program Reauthorization and Improvement Act
To support efforts to reduce pollution of the Chesapeake Bay watershed and to verify that reductions in pollution have been achieved, and for other purposes. Considered and passed by the House Agriculture Committee, as amended by, voice vote and ordered to be reported favorably to the House with the recommendation that it pass on July 28, 2010.
- H.R.5509 - Rep. Tim Holden, D-Pa. (introduced 6/10/2010)
- Adopted amendments (all adopted by voice vote):
- Amendment in the Nature of a Substitute (Chairman Peterson)
- Maager's amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Publication: Section by Section of H.R. 5509