Chairman Frank Lucas today released the following statement on Scott O'Malia's last day as Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Last month, O’Malia announced he would resign to pursue other opportunities.
A bill to amend the commodity provisions of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 to permit producers to aggregate base acres and reconstitute farms to avoid the prohibition on receiving direct payments, counter-cyclical payments, or average crop revenue election payments when the sum of the base acres of a farm is 10 acres or less, and for other purposes.
- H.R.6849 - Rep. Bob Ehteridge, D-N.C. and Rep. Jerry Moran, R-Kan.
- (all by voice vote):
- Manager's Amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Press Release: House of Representatives Suspends USDA’s Misinterpretation of Farm Bill Base Acre Provision
- Publication: Report accompanying H.R. 6849, including cost estimate of the Congressional Budget Office
- Publication: Section by Section Analysis of H.R. 6849
- Publication: Statement of Chairman Peterson prior to consideration of the draft, H.R. 6849