Today, Rep. K. Michael Conaway (R-TX), Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, issued the following statement after North Dakota District Court Judge Ralph Erickson issued a preliminary injunction to halt the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Army Corps of Engineers “waters of the U.S.” (WOTUS) rule from being implemented in 13 states. It would affect Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
H.R. ____, The Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization Act of 2007
A Chairman's mark to reauthorize and amend the Commodity Exchange Act to promote legal certainty, enhance competition, and reduce systemic risk in markets for futures and over-the-counter derivatives. (Committee approved, as amended, by voice vote, December 12, 2007)
- H.R.____, - Rep. Bob Etheridge, D-N.C.
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Rep. David Scott Amendment, regarding cleared and non-cleared price discovery contracts
- Press Release: Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization Approved
- Press Release: Subcommittee Reviews Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization
- Publication: Section by Section Analysis of CFTC Reauthorization
- Publication: Statement of Chairman Peterson during consideration of CFTC Reauthorization
- Publication: Statement of Subcommittee Chairman Etheridge during consideration of CFTC reauthorization