In advance of today’s Senate hearing on U.S. country of origin labeling, Mexican and Canadian officials sent separate letters to Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS) and Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Chairman and ranking member of the Senate Agriculture Committee, stating that a full repeal of COOL is the only option.
H.R. ____, The Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization Act of 2007
A Chairman's mark to reauthorize and amend the Commodity Exchange Act to promote legal certainty, enhance competition, and reduce systemic risk in markets for futures and over-the-counter derivatives. (Committee approved, as amended, by voice vote, December 12, 2007)
- H.R.____, - Rep. Bob Etheridge, D-N.C.
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Rep. David Scott Amendment, regarding cleared and non-cleared price discovery contracts
- Press Release: Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization Approved
- Press Release: Subcommittee Reviews Commodity Futures Trading Commission Reauthorization
- Publication: Section by Section Analysis of CFTC Reauthorization
- Publication: Statement of Chairman Peterson during consideration of CFTC Reauthorization
- Publication: Statement of Subcommittee Chairman Etheridge during consideration of CFTC reauthorization