In advance of today’s Senate hearing on U.S. country of origin labeling, Mexican and Canadian officials sent separate letters to Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS) and Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Chairman and ranking member of the Senate Agriculture Committee, stating that a full repeal of COOL is the only option.
H.R.____, The Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Draft legislation to increase transparency and oversight over futures and options markets (Committee approved, as amended, by voice vote, July 24, 2008)
- H.R.____ - Rep. Collin C. Peterson, D-Minn. (introduced July 24, 2008)
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Manager's Amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Marshall Amendment, regarding disaggregation of index fund and other data in agriculture and energy markets.
- Press Release: House of Representatives Approves Bill to Strengthen Oversight of Futures Markets
- Publication: Section by Section Analysis of the Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
- Publication: Statement of Chairman Peterson prior to consideration of the Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008