Rep. Glenn 'GT' Thompson, Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee's Subcommittee on Conservation, Energy, and Forestry, held a public hearing to examine the benefits of promoting soil health in agriculture and rural America.
H.R.____, The Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Draft legislation to increase transparency and oversight over futures and options markets (Committee approved, as amended, by voice vote, July 24, 2008)
- H.R.____ - Rep. Collin C. Peterson, D-Minn. (introduced July 24, 2008)
- (all adopted by voice vote):
- Manager's Amendment (Chairman Peterson)
- Marshall Amendment, regarding disaggregation of index fund and other data in agriculture and energy markets.
- Press Release: House of Representatives Approves Bill to Strengthen Oversight of Futures Markets
- Publication: Section by Section Analysis of the Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
- Publication: Statement of Chairman Peterson prior to consideration of the Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008